The Finneby neighborhood of Aarhus, built in the mid 1940s, is the largest complex of Puutalo houses in Denmark. In order to alleviate the post-war housing shortage, the Danish government included a large number of prefabricated buildings in the trade agreement that it signed with Finland in 1945. In return for wooden buildings and other products from the forest industry, Denmark exported food to Finland. Over two years, Finnish construction suppliers delivered almost 800 houses, 574 of them supplied by Puutalo. The houses were erected throughout Denmark, sometimes in large developments and sometimes as individual buildings.